Summary: Immerse yourself in Andean culture with our city tour of Cusco, visiting the main tourist attractions (cathedral, Temple of the Sun, four ruins), accompanied by an official tour guide.
Duration: ½ day
Availability: All year
Price per person: US$ 14.00
Minimum: 1 person
Times: 01:15 pm to 06:30 pm
Meeting point: Pick-up from your hotel
Cancellation policy: 48 hours before the scheduled start of the tour
Day 1: City tour of Cusco
We will begin this city tour of Cusco by picking you up from your hotel. The first place we visit will be Cusco’s cathedral (entrance fee not included). Our guide will relate the history of the cathedral, its paintings and the magnificent gold and silver altars. Then, we will walk to Qoricancha, also known as the Temple of the Sun (entrance fee not included). Here, the guide will offer information about the construction of the temple, and you’ll have free time to explore and take photographs. We will then visit the archaeological sites of Tambomachay, Puka Pukara and Sacsayhuaman. At this last attraction, we will spend 30 minutes, as the guide talks about how it was built and you pause to take photographs of the ruins in the late afternoon light. Finally, we will visit Qenqo, before returning to Cusco and ending the tour at a point close to the main square, or Plaza de Armas, at around 06:30 pm.
- Departure from your hotel at 01:15 pm
- Group city tour of Cusco, visiting the Cathedral + Qoricancha + the 4 archaeological sites (Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Puka Pukara and Tambomachay)
- Professional guide in Spanish or English
- Shared transport
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco
- Shared transport
- Bilingual guide (in Spanish or English)
- Entrance fee to Cusco’s cathedral (S/. 25 Peruvian soles per person)
- Entrance fee to the Qoricancha temple (S/. 15 Peruvian soles per person)
- Tourist Ticket*
- Food and drinks
*About the Cusco Tourist Ticket:
- Price of General Tourist Ticket: S/. 130 Peruvian soles per person
- Price of the Partial Tourist Ticket: S/. 70 Peruvian soles per person
- The General Tourist Ticket allows Access to 16 tourist attractions, divided into 3 circuits, over a period of 10 days, while the Partial Ticket allows access to places on just 1 of the three circuits, over a period of 1 or 2 days, according to the circuit selected.
How to book:
- Select your departure date from the calendar.
- Select the time.
- Select the number of persons.
- Select the optional services you’d like to add.
- Click on “Book now”.
- Pay online.
Once you have completed payment, the booking will be subject to confirmation according to availability. If you’d like to check availability before paying, write to us.
What to bring:
- Comfortable clothing
- Sun block
- Rain jacket or rain poncho
- Canteen or sports bottle
Frequently Asked Questions
How far in advance should I book the tour?
We accept bookings a minimum of 3 days in advance.
What is the difference between the partial and general tourist ticket?
There are 4 types of tourist ticket:
General Tourist Ticket (valid for 10 days) S/. 130 – Attractions: Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Puka Pukara, Tambomachay, the archaeological sites of Ollantaytambo, Pisac, Chinchero, Moray, Tipón, Pikillacta, museums, Qosqo Center for Native Art.
Partial Tourist Ticket I (valid for 1 day) S/. 70 – Attractions: Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Puka Pukara, Tambomachay.
Partial Tourist Ticket II (valid for 2 days) S/. 70 – Attractions: Archaeological sites of Tipón, Pikillacta, museums, Qosqo Center for Native Art.
Partial Tourist Ticket III (valid for 2 days) S/. 70 – Attractions: Archaeological sites of Ollantaytambo, Pisac, Chinchero, Moray.
Can the Tourist Ticket be bought online?
NO, the ticket must be bought directly at any of the attractions included on the ticket or at the main office Central Counter at the “Galerías Turísticas”, at Avenida El Sol 103.
Where can I buy the Tourist Ticket?
Central Counter (Avenida El Sol 103 “Galerías Turísticas”)
Monday to Sunday 08:00 – 18:00 hours
Tourist Information Office – DIRCETUR (Calle Mantas)
Monday to Saturday 08:00 – 12:00 hours / 14:00 – 18:00 hours
At all sites included on the Tourist Ticket (with the exception of the Museum of Contemporary Art and the Pachacutec Monument).
Are there special Tourist Ticket rates for children?
Children up to 9 years old do not pay. From 10 to 17 years old, children can access the student ticket rate, upon presentation of an identity document (DNI, passport, etc.).
If you cancel your booking 48 hours before the scheduled start of the tour, we will refund 100% of the amount you paid at the time of booking.