Summary: Make the most of your trip by departing from Ollantaytambo for a 2-day excursion to the most important archaeological site in South America: the “Lost City” of Machu Picchu.
Duration: 2 days / 1 night
Availability: All year
Price per person: US$ 327.00 (based on 2 persons)
Minimum: 1 person
Times: 04:36 pm to 08:30 pm +1
Meeting point: Pick-up from your hotel
Cancellation policy: 48 hours before the scheduled start of the tour
Day 1: Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
The starting point for this itinerary is Ollantaytambo, where you will have had the opportunity to enjoy the delightful scenery of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. We will leave on the afternoon train for Machu Picchu, from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes. You will stay at a hotel in Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu Pueblo).
- Train Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes departing at 04:36 pm (be at the station 30 minutes before the scheduled departure of the train)
- Standard category hotel in Aguas Calientes.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
In the early morning we will take a bus from Aguas Calientes to the citadel of Machu Picchu. Here, we will meet with our guide for an escorted visit of the ruins. The tour will last for 2 hours, during which time we will receive information on the history of Machu Picchu, from its construction to when it was rediscovered by Hiram Bingham. After this experience, we will return by bus to Aguas Calientes, making sure we are at the station 30 minutes before the scheduled departure of our train. Upon arrival in Ollantaytambo, our transport to Cusco will be waiting for us.
- Bus (return journey) to and from the citadel of Machu Picchu
- Entrance to the Machu Picchu archaeological site
- Guided group visit to the Machu Picchu archaeological site, for approximately 2 hours, in Spanish or English
- Train Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Private transport between Ollantaytambo train station and your hotel in Cusco
- Discount for children aged 11 to 12 years: US$ 23
- Discount for children under 11 years of age: US$ 85
- Discount for children aged under 8 years of age: US$ 108
To take advantage of one of the abovementioned discounts, contact us directly before booking online.
- Transport by train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes (return journey)
- Standard category hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Transport by bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (return journey)
- Bilingual guide (in Spanish or English)
- Entrance ticket to the Machu Picchu citadel (archaeological site)
- Transport in private vehicle from Ollantaytambo to Cusco (Day 2)
- Food and drinks
- Not applicable.
How to book:
- Select your departure date from the calendar.
- Select the time.
- Select the number of persons.
- Select the optional services you’d like to add.
- Select the language for your visit to Machu Picchu
- Click on “Book now”.
- Pay online.
Once you have completed payment, the booking will be subject to confirmation according to availability. If you’d like to check availability before paying, write to us.
What to bring:
- Original travel document (passport or other)
- Comfortable clothing
- Sun block
- Rain jacket or rain poncho
- Canteen or sports bottle
- Small daypack for the excursion (maximum 5 kilograms)
Frequently Asked Questions
How far in advance should I book the tour?
We accept bookings a minimum of 3 days in advance. However, spaces are limited and always subject to availability. There is very high demand for entrance tickets to the Machu Picchu citadel, and also for train seats. For some dates, these spaces are sold out many weeks in advance. Therefore, we recommend booking as far in advance as possible.
What is the difference between the Machu Picchu citadel, Machu Picchu mountain, and Huayna Picchu mountain?
What is popularly known as “Machu Picchu” is the Machu Picchu Historical Sanctuary, which is composed of different areas. These include the Machu Picchu citadel (the archaeological site or ruins), and two nearby mountains: Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu
Can I take my luggage to Machu Picchu?
With each train ticket, passengers have the right to take hand luggage only (daypack or bag), weighing no more than 5 kilograms (11 pounds), and with maximum measurements of 157 linear centimeters (62 inches) (height + length + width).
- More than 48 hours before the scheduled start of the tour, the Hotel Arqueólogo will retain 40% of the total value of the tour.
- Less than 48 hours before the scheduled start of the tour, no refund will be available.