Summary: With this exceptional itinerary immerse yourself fully in the world of the people on the Capachica peninsula and discover Taquile Island.
Duration: 2 days / 1 night
Availability: All year
Price per person: US$ 151.00 (based on 2 persons)
Minimum: 2 persons
Start Day 1: Dependent on arrival time in Juliaca
End Day 2: 04:00 pm
Meeting point: Airport or bus terminal in Juliaca
Cancellation policy: 48 hours before the scheduled start of the tour
Day 1: Juliaca – Llachon
Our contact will meet you in Juliaca (at the airport or bus terminal) and escort you to the local bus terminal for the start of our journey to the Capachica peninsula and Llachon, where we will be welcomed by the community and we’ll have the opportunity to enjoy the handcrafts and customs of local people. We will have plenty of time to fully enjoy this place, and later we’ll eat our evening meal and spend the night in a local family’s home.
- Departure from Juliaca (airport or bus terminal)
- Spanish-speaking assistant
- Local transport from Juliaca to Llachon
- Evening meal in a local family’s house
- Accommodation in the house of a Llachon family
Day 2: Llachon -Taquile -Puno
We will breakfast with our hosts, and then leave by boat for Taquile Island, to learn more about this unique culture on the highest navigable lake in the world. On Taquile, we will head for the main square, where we’ll take time to visit the center and artisan stalls. You’ll then be free to enjoy lunch, before we take the boat back to Puno, arriving in the city at around 16:00, when you’ll be transferred to your hotel.
- Private boat service from Llachon to Taquile.
- Guide in Spanish on Taquile
- Entrance to Taquile Island
- Lunch and evening meal independently
- Motorboat in shared service from Taquile to Puno
- Transfer to your hotel in Puno
- Pick-up in Juliaca (airport or bus terminal)
- Local transport from Juliaca to the Capachica peninsula with Spanish-speaking assistant
- Private boat service from Llachon to Taquile
- Shared boat service from Taquile to Puno
- Professional Spanish-speaking guide for Taquile Island
- Accommodation with a local family in Llachon
- Evening meal Day 1
- Accommodation in Puno
- Lunch days 1 and 2
- Entrance to the islands
- Not applicable
How to book:
- Select your departure date from the calendar.
- Select the number of persons.
- Click on “Book now”.
- Pay online.
Once you have completed payment, the booking will be subject to confirmation according to availability. If you’d like to check availability before paying, write to us.
What to bring:
- Comfortable clothing
- Sun block
- Rain jacket or rain poncho
- Canteen or sports bottle
Frequently Asked Questions
How far in advance should I book the tour?
We accept bookings a minimum of 3 days in advance.
If you cancel your booking up to 48 hours before the scheduled start of the tour, we’ll refund 100% of the payment you made at the time of booking.