Summary: Enjoy your stay in Puno and extend your tour in Bolivia.
Duration: 1 day
Availability: All year
Price per person: US$ 53.00
Minimum: 1 person
Times: 06:30 am to 05:30 pm
Meeting point: Puno bus terminal
Cancellation policy: 48 hours before the scheduled start of the tour
Day 1: Puno – Copacabana – La Paz
You will depart from the Puno bus terminal, where you will need to present yourself at the counter of the Tour Peru bus company. Be at the bus terminal 30 minutes before the departure of your bus, which will leave at 07:00 am for Copacabana, a frontier town on the border with Peru and Bolivia. You will cross the border on foot and board another bus on the Bolivian side of the border. Upon arrival at the Tour Peru bus terminal in Copacabana, head for the offices of the bus company Diana Tours, where you’ll catch the 01:30 pm bus for La Paz. You will arrive at Calle Sagarnaga in the center of La Paz, right opposite the Hotel Sagarnaga. End of our service.
- The departure tax must be paid at the Puno bus terminal: 1.50 Peruvian soles.
- Remember to put your watch forward one hour. When it is 12h in Peru, it is 13h in Bolivia.
- Remember to buy Bolivian currency in Copacabana.
- Upon arrival in Copacabana, head for the Diana Tours bus terminal. The bus will leave at 01:30 pm, giving you time for lunch and to explore the town on foot.
- Shortly after the departure from Copacabana, at Tiquina you will cross the strait by boat. You’ll need to disembark from the bus and take a small boat, while the bus crosses on a barge without passengers. The cost of this service is 2 bolivianos per person. Remember you will need Bolivian currency for this service
- Departure from the bus terminal in Puno
- Transport by bus from La Paz, unaccompanied (with the companies Tour Peru and Diana Tours)
- Bus ticket Puno-Copacabana
Bus ticket Copacabana-La Paz
- Departure tax at the Puno bus terminal (1.50 Peruvian soles)
- Boat ticket Tiquina Strait (2.00 bolivianos)
- Not applicable
How to book:
- Select your departure date from the calendar.
- Select the number of persons.
- Click on “Book now”.
- Pay online.
Once you have completed payment, the booking will be subject to confirmation according to availability. If you’d like to check availability before paying, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to bring:
- Keep your personal items with you
Frequently Asked Questions
How far in advance should I book the tour?
We accept bookings a minimum of 3 days in advance.
If you cancel your booking up to 48 hours before the scheduled start of the tour, we’ll refund 100% of the payment you made at the time of booking.