Summary: A 3-hour walk to admire from up close Vinicunca mountain, known as “Rainbow Mountain”. Excursion in shared superior service.
Duration: 1 day
Availability: All year
Price per person: US$ 56.00
Minimum: 1 person
Times: 04:30 am to 06:30 pm
Meeting point: Pick-up from your hotel
Cancellation policy: 48 hours before the scheduled start of the tour
Day 1: Cusco – Cusipata – Vinicunca – Cusipata – Cusco
Our trip will begin at 4:30 a.m., when we head for the village of Cusipata-Paucarpata (2 hrs approx.). Here we will stop for a good breakfast before continuing to the control point (40 min). We will begin our adventure in the Andes of Cusco by walking up to the so-called “rainbow mountain”. Along the way, we will have fine views of the snowy peak Wiñay Ritty (forever young). The walk to the top of the Mountain of Seven Colors will take around 1.5 hours until it reaches 5100 meters. The ascent will be gradual and the spectacular views of mountains, lakes and canyons very special. The walk to this multicolored mountain will also give us the chance to observe different species of South American camelids, including llamas, alpacas and vicuñas…
We arrive at the Mountain of Seven Colors, we will enjoy a spectacular and magical view of a mountain that is formed naturally, here our guide will explain us about the mountain of the seven colors and the Apu Ausangate.
After resting for a while, we will return by the same route to the village of Llaqto, where we will sit down to a delicious lunch, after which we will board our vehicle for the return trip to the city of Cusco. Arrival time in Cusco: 6:30 p.m. approximately.
- Breakfast and lunch included
- Departure from your hotel at 04:30 am
- Shared transport Cusco – Cusipata – Vinicunca – Cusipata – Cusco
- Walk to and from the Mountain of Seven Colors with a Spanish and English speaking guide
- Entrance to the site
- Return to your hotel in Cusco
- Pick-up from your hotel
- Shared group transport Cusco – Cusipata – Vinicunca – Cusipata – Cusco (for a maximum of 19 persons)
- 1 buffet breakfast
- 1 buffet lunch
- One ½ liter bottle of water
- Entrance ticket
- Walking poles are available for use
- First aid kit
- Official bilingual tourist guide (Spanish / English)
- Return to your hotel
- Horse S/. 50 Peruvian soles (ascent)
- Horse S/. 90 soles (ascent and descent)
- Extra drinks
- Evening meal
- Not applicable
How to book:
- Select your departure date from the calendar.
- Select the number of persons.
- Select the optional services you’d like to add.
- Click on “Book now”.
- Pay online.
Once you have completed payment, the booking will be subject to confirmation according to availability. If you’d like to check availability before paying, write to us at email@example.com.
What to bring:
- Comfortable clothing
- Hiking footwear
- Sun block
- Rain jacket or rain poncho
- Canteen or sports bottle
Frequently Asked Questions
How far in advance should I book the tour?
We accept bookings a minimum of 3 days in advance.
Can I book the tour for the second day after my arrival in Cusco?
The excursion lasts 3 hours and you will ascend to 5100 meters above sea level. To enjoy this walk, we recommend that you go after at least three days to acclimate.
If you cancel your booking up to 48 hours before the scheduled start of the tour, we’ll refund 100% of the payment you made at the time of booking.